Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A New Day

At 3:30 this morning I decided I just couldn't sleep.  So, I get up and shuffle to my computer to mess around on some game or another until the alarm goes off for work.  I sit there for a few minutes trying to decide what I want to do with my time, and I have already clicked on the icon for TERA when it dawns on me . . . Diablo III drops today!

Now, why wasn't I already thinking about this?  I played both Diablo I and II extensively.  I've always enjoyed Blizzard's products, but for some reason, I'm just not that stoked about DIII.

Maybe it is all the focus on the real-money auction house instead of the game itself.  The AH is a feature I really can't see myself using.  I don't have any illusions about being able to work the AH for profit, and I'm not really interested in spending much of my real money for gear, etc.

Maybe it has just been awhile since I've played any Diablo type game, and I'm not really remembering the fun I had with them.

Maybe I simply have too much on my plate already with WoW and TERA both going strong.

I'm not sure what my reasons are for not being excited about the release of DIII, but I'm still going to try it.  In fact, it's downloading right now.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting it out to. I am still enjoying SWTOR, I have a weekly playdate in DDO, and I have started getting active in LoTRO again recently. Plus TSW and a new DDO expansion both launch very soon.

    Were I inclined to play anything else, there are several single player games I have sitting on my shelf that I haven't yet gotten to, all of which are rumored to completely rock.

    ReplyDelete