I've decided that real life should be more like video games, especially the online role-playing game that has had me addicted for the last five years, World of Warcraft. There are a multitude of reasons that real life should resemble this game a lot more than it does, but allow me to touch on a few that really resonate with me:
1. Portals and Hearthstones - I should be able to warp to my home location from anywhere in the world, instantly, and there should be people, who for a small fee, will create a portal allowing me to step instantly into any major city of my choice.
2. Quest Log - I'm pretty sure that I would get a lot more things done and remember things that I have to do if every time something came up, it was immediately recorded in my own personal quest log. Also, the quest log would present me with clues as to the best way to carry out my real life "mission". For example: **Quest Log** Buy new car battery. I now travel to Walmart on my trusty "Durango" mount, and alas, I realize that I don't know which battery to buy from the plethora that are available. I quickly check my quest log . . . ah, yes, that one; it says so right here!
3. Instant Gratification - In WoW, when I complete a quest, I am immediately rewarded with money, an item, or something else tangible. This should be true in real life. Every time I accomplish a goal, I should get some reward for it. Wash the windows? Receive a doughnut.
4. The ability to look up all your problems on other websites - For every single complex fight in WoW, there are multiple websites that tell you the best way to go about it. Life should be the same. When I come up on a problem in life, I should be able to look at a step-by-step guide to solving the problem. This would really make things so much easier.
and last, but not least . . .
5. The Ignore List - WoW comes equipped with an amazing feature called an Ignore List. If someone is getting on my nerves, I can simply type his name into this list, and voila! It is as if he never existed. I can still see him there on my screen if he is standing in front of me, but I no longer have to hear his incessant prattle about the most inconsequential things. I want to be able to ignore people in real life. I want to be able to completely mute those who bug me. This should be implemented soon!
There are many more things that I could list here, but I really think anyone reading this can now see why Real Life should be much more like the World of Warcraft.
Try-It Tuesday: Eldevin
2 hours ago